The pond was used as a sediment pond during construction of the property and once construction was completed, the pond was never scraped out and built to the plan specs.
We ended up removing 380 yards of sediment and then brought in new fill to get the pond back to the correct elevation. There should have been an infiltration trench installed in the pond but it was never installed. This pond is considered a water quality pond due to its size and then drains offsite into another detention pond. We had engineers redesign the infiltration trench since the required depth could not be met and have positive flow.
Once designs were approved for the design change, we dug out the trench, installed our geotextile and set the drain line.
We then backfilled over the pipe with #57 stone and formed a trench down the middle.
Next, we installed the riprap at the inflow structure. Then, we seeded the disturbed areas and covered with coconut fiber. Finally, we installed a silt fence around the rock bed until complete stabilization is achieved.